National recognition continues to roll in for both the men’s and women’s soccer teams:
- The women’s soccer team are ranked No. 18 in this week’s National Soccer Coaches Association of America poll. The team has only allowed 22 shots in its last four games.
- Women’s goalkeeper Mollie Patton was named to the Soccer America Team of the Week. Patton has not allowed a goal in her last 360 minutes of play and is tied for 2nd in the country with four shutouts.
- The men’s soccer team also cracked the national rankings, coming in at No. 25 in this week’s Soccer America poll.
- Men’s goalkeeper Jimmy Maurer was named the Conference USA Defensive Player of the Week for a record sixth time in his career. Maurer was in goal for Carolina’s third-straight shutout win over Clemson on Friday night.
- Forward Sam Arthur was also named to the Soccer America Team of the Week after scoring twice last week. Arthur scored in South Carolina’s 3-1 win against Charlotte and also scored the game-winner against Clemson.