What happened last week…Ole Miss rolled past Southeastern Louisiana 52-6 behind Jevan Snead’s three touchdown passes. The Rebels, currently 2-0, are the only SEC team yet to play a team from a BCS conference this season. Click here for the recap.
The last time they played the Gamecocks…the Gamecocks traveled to Oxford last year a week after the Rebels upset the Florida Gators in Gainesville. South Carolina spoiled the party for Ole Miss as they won 31-24. Click here for the recap.
Impress your friends with these trivia tidbits…
- This is the eighth Thursday night game for South Carolina in the Spurrier era. The Gamecocks are 5-2 on Thursday nights in the time frame.
- Eric Norwood needs just a half sack to become the school’s all-time leader in sacks.
- A win on Thursday night would be the highest-ranked opponent Carolina has ever beaten at Williams-Brice Stadium.
- 11 of the 14 all-time meetings between South Carolina and Ole Miss have been decided by seven point or less.
- Coach Spurrier is 3-0 in his career vs. the Rebels and 12-2 overall vs. teams from the state of Mississippi.
Points Per Game: 48.5
Yardage Per Game: 424.5
Red Zone %: 100% (10-10)
Turnovers: 5 (3 fumbles, 2 interceptions)
Points Allowed Per Game: 10
Yardage Allowed Per Game: 293
Red Zone %: 100% (4-4)
Turnovers Forced: 8 (4 fumbles, 4 interceptions)
Passing: Jevan Snead – 5 TD, 2 INT, 384 yds, 56% completion; Averages 25 attempts and 192 yds per game
Receiving: WR Shay Hodge 8 rec, 136 yds, 1 TD; WR Dexter McCluster 9 rec, 113 yds, 1 TD; WR Pat Patterson 4 rec, 79 yds, 1 TD
Rushing: RB Brandon Bolden 22 carries, 176 yds, 1 TD; Averages 11 carries and 88 yds per game
Tackles: DB Johnny Brown 20 tackles (13 solo); DB Kendrick Lewis 14 tackles (9 solo); DB Fon Ingram 11 tackles (7 solo)
Tackles for Loss: DL Jerrell Powe 3 for -8 yds; DB Jeremy McGee 2 for -20 yds
Field Goals: K Joshua Shene 2-2 FG, Long 42 yds; 11-11 XP
Punting: P Justin Sparks 11 punts, 34.6 yard average