What happened last week…The Wildcats kept it close against Alabama in the 1st quarter but ended on the wrong side of things, losing 38-20 in Lexington. Click here for recap
The last time they played the Gamecocks…the Wildcats lost their ninth straight game to South Carolina, losing 24-17 in Lexington. Click here for recap
Trivia tidbits going into Saturday’s game…
- Kentucky is looking for their first win over a ranked team since defeating No. 1 LSU at home in 2007.
- The Wildcats are facing one of the SEC’s top-3 defenses for the third consecutive week. Florida, Alabama and South Carolina are 1-2-3 in the conference.
- UK running back Derrick Locke leads the conference and is 10th in the nation in all-purpose yards. He averages 173 per game.
- Kentucky senior Calvin Harrison attended Richland Northeast High School in Columbia.
- Kentucky’s Gene McCaskill and South Carolina’s C.C. Whitlock were teammates at Chester High School. Matt Lentz and Nathan Pepper were teammates at Greenville High School.
Points Per Game: 25
Yardage Per Game: 328.5 (170.5 passing, 158 rushing)
Turnovers: 9 (3 fumbles, 6 interceptions)
Points Allowed Per Game: 26.5
Yardage Allowed Per Game: 353.25 (163 passing, 190.25 rushing)
Turnovers Forced: 2 (2 fumbles, 3 interceptions)
Passing: Mike Hartline – 5 TD, 6 INT, 653 yds, 60.2% completion; Averages 163 yds per game
Receiving: Randall Cobb 21 rec, 248 yds, 3 TD; Chris Matthews 14 rec, 125 yds, 1 TD; Derrick Locke 10 rec, 110 yds
Rushing: RB Derrick Locke 56 carries, 244 yds, 2 TD; Averages 61 yds per game
Tackles: Micah Johnson 35 tackles (12 solo); Calvin Harrison 29 tackles (17 solo); Winston Guy, Jr. 29 tackles (13 solo)
Tackles for Loss: Micah Johnson 3.5 for -5 yds; DeQuin Evans 3 for -21 yards
Field Goals: K Lones Seiber 3-4 FG, Long 49 yds; 13-13 XP
Punting: P Ryan Tydlacka 18 punts, 39.94 yard average