What happened last week…After losing two straight SEC games (at Florida and at Mississippi), the Razorbacks got back on the winning track with a 63-27 win against winless Eastern Michigan. Click here for recap
The last time they played the Gamecocks…The Gamecocks alternated quarterbacks Chris Smelley and Stephen Garcia throughout the game en route to a 34-21 win at Williams-Brice Stadium. Click here for recap
Trivia tidbits going into Saturday’s game…
- The game features the top two passing offenses in the SEC. Arkansas leads the league with 295.8 yards per game while South Carolina is second with 237 yards per game.
- Arkansas has started six true freshmen this season, which is tied for second nationally and leads the SEC.
- The Razorbacks have thrown for 300-plus yards six times in 20 games under head coach Bobby Petrino. Previously, Arkansas had thrown for 300-plus yards just 16 times in school history.
- Quarterback Ryan Mallet leads the SEC in total offense (268.6) and in passing yards per game (268.5). Mallet also leads the conference in touchdown passes with 18.
- This is the 18th meeting in the series between South Carolina and Arkansas. The Razorbacks hold a 10-7 edge and are 3-1 against the Gamecocks in Fayetteville.
Points Per Game: 35.9
Yardage Per Game: 438 (295.8 passing, 142.2 rushing)
Turnovers: 10 (5 fumbles, 5 interceptions)
Points Allowed Per Game: 27.4
Yardage Allowed Per Game: 410.63 (264.13 passing, 146.50 rushing)
Turnovers Forced: 18 (12 fumbles, 6 interceptions)
Passing: Ryan Mallet – 18 TD, 3 INT, 2,151 yds, 54.4% completion; Averages 268.8 yds per game
Receiving: Greg Childs 31 for 594, 5 TD; Jarius Wright 24 for 430, 2 TD; Joe Adams 19 for 425, 4 TD
Rushing: Michael Smith 56 for 360, 2 TD; Broderick Green 55 for 255, 6 TD
Tackles: Wendel Davis 54 (33 solo); Jerry Franklin 47 (30 solo); Matt Harris 44 (30 solo)
Tackles for Loss: Malcolm Sheppard 8 for -32 yards; Wendel Davis 7 for -17 yards
Field Goals: Alex Tejada 35-36 XP, 10-13 FG, Long: 44 yds
Punting: Dylan Breeding 39 punts, 38.31 yd average