Women’s basketball takes on the High Point Panthers Wednesday at Colonial Life Arena at 11 a.m. Click here for Tickets
South Carolina (3-3) Notes
- Last Saturday’s 58-55 win over No. 23/24 San Diego State in the Paradise Jam was the program’s first win over a nationally ranked team since the ’05-’06 season.
- Junior guard Valerie Nainima earned a spot on the Paradise Jam’s all-tournament team, averaging 13.3 points per game.
- Gamecocks are 136-73 all-time in the month of December and 78-22 at home.
- South Carolina has two of the SEC’s top-10 scorers (Kelsey Bone 16.8 ppg, Nainima 16.5 ppg) and two of the top-5 rebounders (Charenee Stephens 8.8 rpg, Bone 8.7 rpg.
- Stephens will miss Wednesday’s game with a left knee sprain.
- A win would give the Gamecocks a 4-1 all-time record against the Panthers.
High Point (2-2) Notes
- For the first time in their history, the Panthers were selected as the preseason favorite to win the Big South Conference this season.
- Junior guard Jurica Hargraves was selected as the Big South Preseason Player of the Year.
- The Panthers are experienced, returning all five starters and nine letterwinners from last year’s squad. In addition to experience, the group carries a number of accomplishments, including two former Big South Freshman of the Year awards, a first team All-Big South selection and a second team All-Big South selection.
- High Point’s bench has been a key factor as they have outscored their opponents 136-43 in bench scoring through the first four games.
- Junior Mackenzie Maier became High Point’s all-time leader in blocks this season, upping her total to 138 for her career.