The Gamecocks face the N.C. State Wolfpack Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. at Colonial Life Arena. The game will be televised on SportSouth. Listen live on 1320 AM in the Columbia area.
South Carolina (4-3) Notes
- Four Gamecocks are averaging double figures – Valerie Nainima 17.0, Kelsey Bone 16.3, Charenee Stephens 10.8 and La’Keisha Sutton 10.6
- Stephens will miss her second straight game with a left-knee sprain.
- The Gamecocks defeated the Wolfpack last season on a buzzer-beating layup by Demetress Adams.
- Point guard Samone Kennedy had a career-high seven steals in the team’s last game.
- South Carolina is looking to improve to 3-0 on live television this season.
- This is the second of four games this season against ACC foes. Sunday’s game opens a 3-game stretch against ACC competition.
N.C. State (6-3) Notes
- The Wolfpack have won five straight games in Columbia.
- N.C. State’s three losses have come to teams with a combined record of 23-4.
- N.C. State has held 104 of its last 108 opponents to less than 50% shooting.
- Wolfpack leads the ACC in free throw shooting at 72.9 percent.
- Freshman Marissa Kastanek is the team’s leading scorer at 12.1 points per game. Sophomore Bonae Holston averages 11.2 per game.
- Juniors Tia Bell and Brittany Strachan are averaging 8.2 and 7.4 points off the bench, respectively.