The Gamecocks travel to Spartanburg, S.C. Saturday evening for a road game against the Wofford Terriers at 7 p.m. The game will be televised live on SportSouth. You can also listen live on the Gamecock ISP Sports Network.
South Carolina (7-2) Notes
- The Gamecocks are on the road for the second time this season. Their first true road contest was to Clemson.
- South Carolina is 6-1 when they score over 70 points in a game.
- The team is 5-0 at home this season, averaging over 85 points a game. South Carolina started our last season 8-0 at home.
- South Carolina’s starters average 55 points per game while the bench averages over 23 points per game.
- Saturday’s game marks Head Coach Darrin Horn’s 200th career game as a head coach. He is 139-60 over seven seasons.
Wofford (5-6) Notes
- The Terriers are led by Noah Dahlman with 18.3 points and 6 rebounds per game. Dahlman also leads the Southern Conference in scoring.
- Wofford’s last win in the series came in 1939 – South Carolina has won 21 straight against the Terriers.
- Gamecock assistant coach Mike Boynton was a member of Wofford’s coaching staff in the 2007-08 season.
- The Terriers are picked to finish second in the Southern Conference this season.