The Gamecocks are in Myrtle Beach to face the No. 9 North Carolina Tar Heels. Listen live on 1320 AM or on GamecocksOnline.com.
South Carolina (6-3) Notes
- The Gamecocks are looking to pick up their third straight win over an ACC opponent after wins over N.C. State and Wake Forest.
- Four Gamecocks are averaging double figures – Valerie Nainima 17.7 ppg, Kelsey Bone 15.05, La’Keisha Sutton 10.9 and Charenee Stephens 10.8
- Nainima is fourth in the SEC in scoring.
- Wake Forest’s 32 3-point attempts on Thursday night were the most by a South Carolina opponent in school history. The previous high was 29 by Auburn on Feb. 1, 2001.
- Bone picked up her third double-double of the season on Thursday night, scoring 11 points and grabbing 13 rebounds.
- The Gamecocks are currently on a four-game win streak, the longest of the Staley era. A win today would extend it to five, the best streak since the 2006-07 season.
North Carolina (8-1) Notes
- North Carolina leads the series against the Gamecocks 7-6. The Tar Heels won the last meeting 77-53 in December 2003.
- ESPN.com recently rated Tar Heel point guard Cetera DeGraffenreid as one of the top five point guards in the country. The junior averages 15.3 points per game.
- North Carolina was tabbed as the preseason favorite to win the Atlantic Coast Conference this year. Freshman Tierra Ruffin-Pratt was named the league’s preseason Rookie of the Year.
- The Tar Heels average over 80 points per game while their opponents average just 59 points per game.