The Gamecocks host the Furman Paladins Monday night at Colonial Life Arena. Watch live on SportSouth or listen live on the Gamecock ISP Sports Network.
South Carolina (7-3) Notes
- The Gamecocks are 5-0 at home this season, averaging 85 points per game in those contests. South Carolina began the ’08-’09 campaign on an 8-0 streak.
- South Carolina ranks third in the SEC in blocked shots per game with 8. Sam Muldrow leads the team with 3.3 blocks per game, good for second in the conference and eighth in the nation.
- Devan Downey (17.6) and Brandis Raley-Ross (12.1) average in double figures for the Gamecocks.
- South Carolina is 6-1 when they score at least 70 points in a game.
- The Gamecocks are 7-3 under Head Coach Darrin Horn in the month of December.
Furman (5-4) Notes
- The Gamecocks and the Paladins tip-off for the 124th time Monday night. South Carolina holds a 71-52 edge in the all-time series. Furman’s last victory against South Carolina came on Feb. 20, 1980.
- Furman is looking to snap a three-game skid after losses to Western Carolina, Clemson and South Carolina State. A win for the Paladins give the team six wins on the year equaling their total from last season.
- Furman ranks second in the Southern Conference in scoring, averaging 73.4 points per game.
- Junior Jordan Miller has reached double figure scoring in 12 straight games. Miller averages 16.4 per game.
- Darryl Evans, Furman’s only senior, leads the Southern Conference with a 2.8 assist-to-turnover ratio. Evans has 34 assists and just 13 turnovers in nine games.