The Gamecocks return from the holiday break with a late game tonight in Chesnut Hill, Massachusetts vs. Boston College. The game will be televised at 9 p.m. on ESPNU. You can also listen live on the Gamecock ISP Sports Network.
South Carolina (8-3) Notes
- The Gamecocks are looking for their first true road win of the season.
- Boston College is the third ACC team South Carolina has played this season – the most ACC teams Carolina has played in single season since ’04-’05.
- South Carolina is 7-1 when it scores at least 70 points.
- Devan Downey leads the Gamecocks with 17.5 points per game – he ranks among the top 5 in the SEC.
- The Gamecocks are second in the SEC in blocked shots per game with 8.1. Mississippi State leads the league with 8.4 per game. Sam Muldrow leads the team with 3.3 blocks per game, third-best in nation and 11th in the conference.
- All ten Gamecocks on the roster scored at least two points in the team’s win over Furman.
- The Gamecocks lead the all-time series vs. Boston College 1-0, winning 86-64 on December 28, 1971.
Boston College (8-4) Notes
- The Eagles are led in scoring by Corey Raji (15.7) and Joe Trapani (15.3). Boston College averages 73.1 points per game.
- Boston College has a 7-9 mark against the SEC.
- The Eagles allow 65.6 points per game – they force 11.4 turnovers per game and average 4.1 steals a game.
- BC averages 11.9 turnovers per game.