South Carolina will head west on Wednesday to take on the University of Mississippi at 9 p.m. ET in the C.M. “Tad” Smith Coliseum. Tune in to CSS, ESPN Full Court, and ESPN360.com for full coverage of the game, which will be called by Dave Baker and Nate Ross. You can also listen live on the Gamecock Radio Network with Andy Demetra and Casey Manning.
South Carolina (11-6, 2-1) Notes
- In his second year as Head Coach of the Gamecocks, Darrin Horn has his team out-scoring opponents by an average of 7.3 points.
- Out of 26 total meetings with Ole Miss, South Carolina leads the series 13-12 and has won each of the last three meetings. However, the Rebels hold an 8-1 advantage in games played in Oxford.
- Carolina’s 7.4 blocked shots per game rank second in the Southeastern Conference and sixth in the nation. Junior forward Sam Muldrow paces the Gamecocks with 3.3 blocks per game, second in the SEC and ninth in the nation. However, against Vanderbilt the Gamecocks matched a season low in blocked shots with only 3 in the game (3 vs. Clemson).
- The Gamecocks have won the last three games in the series by a combined 27 points. Paced by Devan Downey’s 22 points, Carolina earned an 82-71 win over the Rebels last season in Columbia.
No. 22 Ole Miss (13-4, 1-2) Notes
- Ole Miss is nationally ranked for the seventh straight week, coming in at No. 22 in the AP poll and No. 24 in the ESPN/USA Today coaches poll.
- At 82.5 ppg, Ole Miss leads the SEC and ranks 12th in the nation in scoring offense.
- Junior guard Chris Warren ranks sixth in the SEC in scoring at 16.6 ppg, and sophomore guard Terrico White is eighth with 16.2 points per game.
- Head Coach Andy Kennedy is looking for his first win over the Gamecocks, as his Cincinnati and Ole Miss teams are a combined 0-4.
- Each of Ole Miss’ three SEC contests have been decided by five points or less, including the most recent 2-point overtime loss at Tennessee (71-69). Both the Mississippi State and Georgia games also featured a 2-point game at some point within the final 2 minutes.