The women’s basketball team is in Gainesville this afternoon to take on the Florida Gators at 1 p.m. The Gamecocks are hoping to rebound from their loss at LSU on Thursday. Listen live on 1320 AM (in Columbia) or on GamecocksOnline.com.
South Carolina (10-8, 3-3) Notes
- South Carolina’s RPI is 25 – good for 4th best in the league.
- The Gamecocks are 6-2 when they dish out 10 or more assists.
- South Carolina is ranked No. 2 in SEC play in 3-point field goal percentage (.473)
- The team’s leading scorer Valerie Nainima (17.8 ppg) failed to score in double digits for the first time this season in South Carolina’s loss to LSU.
- Kelsey Bone leads the league and the team in rebounding with 9.6 boards per game.
- A win would double South Carolina’s SEC win total from last season.
Florida (10-9, 3-3) Notes
- The Gators hold an 18-8 edge in the all-time series versus South Carolina.
- Florida is led in scoring by Jordan Jones (10.4 ppg) and Sharielle Smith (9.0 ppg).
- Florida Head Coach Amanda Butler was an assistant on the U-19 USA World Championships team that won a gold medal in Thailand this summer. South Carolina freshman Kelsey Bone was a member of that team also.
- Jordan Jones played her freshman season for South Carolina, leading the team in scoring with 13.1 ppg before transferring to Florida.