After being on the road for the past two games, South Carolina will now have the home court advantage as they host the Ole Miss Rebels this Thursday at Colonial Life Arena at 7 p.m. The Gamecocks look to knock off Ole Miss who is tied for No. 1 in the league standings. You can listen live on 1320 AM (Columbia) or on GamecocksOnline.com. Tickets are still available – visit GamecocksOnline.com or stop by the Colonial Life Arena box office. Single game tickets are $7 for adults, $3 for youth.
South Carolina (10-9, 3-4) Notes
- South Carolina has stepped up its outside game since SEC play began and has three players among the league’s top 10 3-point percentage shooters in the conference play.
- South Carolina’s RPI is 32 – good for 4th best in the league
- South Carolina is ranked No. 2 in SEC play in 3-point field goal percentage (.473)
- Kelsey Bone put up game highs with 19 points and 11 rebounds for her sixth double-double of the season against Florida last Sunday.
- Valerie Nainima is the team’s overall leading scorer averaging 17.8 ppg
Ole Miss (14-5, 5-1) Notes
- Ole Miss upset No. 8 Georgia in Athens last Sunday-the loss was the first this season by Georgia at home and only its second loss of the season. It was also the first win by an Ole Miss team ever in Athens-the Rebels entered the game 0-14 all-time in Athens.
- The win against Georgia gave Ole Miss its first five-game conference winning streak since 2007.
- The win also gave Ole Miss its first road win over a ranked opponent since 2002.
- The SEC named Rebels forward Nikki Byrd SEC Player of the Week. Byrd has averaged 12.5 points per game and 11.5 rebounds per game over the course of the week.
- In addition, Byrd was a perfect 6-for-6 from the field and leads the SEC in field goal percentage. She shot 73.3 percent from the field and 60.0 percent from the free throw line for the week.