After a stellar game against Kentucky on Tuesday, the Gamecocks look to improve their conference record to 4-3 tonight against the Georgia Bulldogs. Tip off is set for 7 p.m. at Colonial Life Arena. You can watch the game on FSN where Dave Neal and Eddie Fogler will have the call, or listen live to the Gamecock Radio Network with Andy Demetra and Casey Manning.
South Carolina (12-8, 3-3) Notes
- The Gamecocks are 9-2 in games played at Colonial Life Arena this season – averaging 80.2 points per game in those contests.
- Sam Muldrow (11) and Austin Steed (6) combined for 17 rebounds vs. Kentucky.
- Brandis Raley-Ross scored an SEC season-high 17 points on Tuesday night.
- Devan Downey has registered double figures in 19 of 20 games this season and has topped the 20-point mark 11 times, including eight of the last nine games, and the 30-point mark five times this season, including four of the last six games.
- Tuesday’s sellout was the fourth for men’s basketball in Colonial Life Arena history. Two of the previous three sellouts came during the 2008-09 season against Georgia and Tennessee.
- The all-time series between South Carolina and Georgia is tied at 46-46. The Gamecocks own a 28-15 advantage in games played in Columbia.
Georgia (9-9, 1-4) Notes
- The Bulldogs enter the contest in search of their first road win of the season.
- Georgia will be looking for senior guard Ricky McPhee to make big plays from outside the arc. McPhee is the team’s most frequent 3-point shooter having made 39 of 93 tries.
- Sophomore forward Trey Thompkins leads the Bulldogs in both points and rebounds. He is known to be each opponent’s primary defensive target.
- In the last match up between the teams, Trey Thompkins and Chris Barnes led the Bulldogs in scoring with 10 points each, but the Gamecocks were still able to clinch a 68-51 victory.