The Gamecocks travel to Knoxville to face the No. 14 Tennessee Volunteers at 6 p.m. You can watch the game live on ESPN or ESPN360.com. Brad Nessler and Jimmy Dykes will have the call. You can also listen to the Gamecock ISP Sports Network with Andy Demetra and Casey Manning.
South Carolina (13-8, 4-3) Notes
- Senior guard Devan Downey has scored 30 or more points in his last three games and in five of the seven SEC contests this season.
- Downey (22.9 ppg) leads the team and the league in scoring. He ranks 4th in the nation in points per game.
- In his 70th career game, junior Sam Muldrow picked up his first double-double, scoring 19 points and pulling down 11 rebounds in South Carolina’s win over Georgia.
- The Gamecocks are 10-4 when they score at least 70 points.
- Downey’s 3.0 steals per game leads the league and ranks third in the nation.
Tennessee (17-4, 5-2) Notes
- Scotty Hopson leads the Vols with 13.3 ppg and is shooting .476 from behind the arc.
- Wayne Chism averages a double-double in SEC play with 14.1 ppg and 10.1 rebounds per game.
- Tennessee is 69-6 when scoring 80 or more points under Bruce Pearl.
- Bobby Maze’s 2.8 assist/turnover ratio leads the SEC and ranks ninth nationally.
- The Vols are 16-1 when they hold their opponent to under 50 percent shooting.
- Tennessee leads the league with a +5.4 turnover margin.