The Gamecocks will host the Florida Gators this Wednesday at Colonial Life Arena. Tip off is set for 8 p.m. and will be televised on the SEC Network (Channel 806 – Time Warner Cable, Columbia) with Dave Neal and Mark Gottfried on the call. Fans can also listen to Andy Demetra and Casey Manning on the Gamecock ISP Sports Network across the state.
South Carolina (13-9, 4-4) Notes
- South Carolina is 10-2 in games played at Colonial Life Arena this season, scoring 80.0 points per game in those contests.
- The Gamecocks are 3-1 in conference home games this season with wins over LSU, then-No.1 Kentucky and Georgia.
- Devan Downey’s 3.0 steals per game lead the league and rank second in the nation (as of Feb. 8 NCAA stats)
- In January’s contest in Gainesville, Downey dropped 36 on the Gators and has averaged 34.5 ppg against UF in the last two meetings
- At the Colonial Life Arena in 2009, South Carolina defeated the Gators, 70-69, on a buzzer-beater layup made by Zam Fredrick.
- Over the last 3 seasons, no game between UF and South Carolina has only been decided by more than 4 points, and 9 of the last 11 meetings between the two have been decided by six points.
Florida (17-6, 6-3) Notes
- Florida holds a 36-20 advantage in the all-time series with South Carolina, including a 17-12 upper hand in games played in Columbia
- Chandler Parsons’ buzzer-beater 3 gave Florida a 58-56 win in the first meeting this season between the two schools just two weeks ago
- Florida has won the last 10 match-ups between the two SEC East rivals
- The Gators have been much more effective closing out games, and after last Thursday’s 66-65 win at Alabama, are 5-3 in games decided by 5 points or less
- Chandler Parsons had his third double-double of the season and fifth of his career with 18 points and 12 boards against Mississippi State. He leads UF in rebounding in SEC play at 7.4 per game, including a team-high 22 offensive rebounds