South Carolina hosts Mississippi State tonight at 7 p.m. at Colonial Life Arena. The acrobat, Red Panda, will perform as the halftime act. The game will not be televised, but you can listen live on 1320 AM (in Columbia) or on GamecocksOnline.com. Brad Muller and Marcy Girton will have the call.
South Carolina (13-10, 6-5) Notes
- Freshman Kelsey Bone is averaging 14.5 points per game, and ranks second in the SEC in rebounding with 9.3 a game.
- The Gamecocks hold a 7-4 edge over the Lady Bulldogs in games played in Columbia.
- In Sunday’s game against No.14 Georgia, South Carolina tied its season low for points, but also yielded a season-low points in collecting a 52-42 win.
- Valerie Nainima was the only Gamecock to reach double-figures in Sunday’s contest, netting 21 points.
- A win against Mississippi State would bring head coach Dawn Staley within four wins of her 200th as a head coach.
- The Gamecocks only need to win two more at home to clinch their 100th all-time home win.
Mississippi State (15-9, 6-5) Notes
- Mississippi State is 3-2 in its last five games and is 3-2 in conference road games this season.
- As a team, the Lady Bulldogs are averaging 73.5 points per game while limiting opponents to 60.6.
- Mississippi State is shooting 41 percent from the field.
- Senior Alex Rack leads the Lady Bulldogs in scoring with 19.2 points per game.
- Mississippi State holds a 15-9 advantage in the overall series. The Lady Bulldogs have won seven of the last 10 meetings.