After a stellar game against Kentucky on Tuesday, the Gamecocks look to improve their conference record to 4-3 tonight against the Georgia Bulldogs. Tip off is set for 7 p.m. at Colonial Life Arena. You can watch the game on FSN where Dave Neal and Eddie Fogler will have the call, or listen live to the Gamecock Radio Network with Andy Demetra and Casey Manning.
South Carolina (12-8, 3-3) Notes
- The Gamecocks are 9-2 in games played at Colonial Life Arena this season – averaging 80.2 points per game in those contests.
- Sam Muldrow (11) and Austin Steed (6) combined for 17 rebounds vs. Kentucky.
- Brandis Raley-Ross scored an SEC season-high 17 points on Tuesday night.
- Devan Downey has registered double figures in 19 of 20 games this season and has topped the 20-point mark 11 times, including eight of the last nine games, and the 30-point mark five times this season, including four of the last six games.
- Tuesday’s sellout was the fourth for men’s basketball in Colonial Life Arena history. Two of the previous three sellouts came during the 2008-09 season against Georgia and Tennessee.
- The all-time series between South Carolina and Georgia is tied at 46-46. The Gamecocks own a 28-15 advantage in games played in Columbia.
Georgia (9-9, 1-4) Notes
- The Bulldogs enter the contest in search of their first road win of the season.
- Georgia will be looking for senior guard Ricky McPhee to make big plays from outside the arc. McPhee is the team’s most frequent 3-point shooter having made 39 of 93 tries.
- Sophomore forward Trey Thompkins leads the Bulldogs in both points and rebounds. He is known to be each opponent’s primary defensive target.
- In the last match up between the teams, Trey Thompkins and Chris Barnes led the Bulldogs in scoring with 10 points each, but the Gamecocks were still able to clinch a 68-51 victory.
Time: Saturday at 7:07 p.m. ET
Location: Sanford Stadium, Athens, GA
TV Coverage: ESPN2/ESPN360.com
Broadcast Team: Mike Patrick, Craig James, Heather Cox
TV Replay: SportsSouth, Sept. 13 at 8 p.m. ET
Broadcast Team: Andy Demetra, Brad Muller
Radio Coverage: Gamecock Radio Network – Flagship 107.5 FM (Click here for an affiliate in your area)
Broadcast Team: Todd Ellis, Tommy Suggs and Terry Cousin
In-Stadium Radio Frequency: Tune to 93.3 if you’re at the game to hear the Gamecock Radio Network broadcast
National Radio: ESPN Radio
Broadcast Team: Bill Rosinski, Dennis Franchione, Joe Schad
Digital Coverage: Gamecocks Gameday Live
Weather: High 85/Low 65/Chance of rain 20%
Directions: Click here for directions to Sanford Stadium
Gamecocks Gameday Live will provide you with instant information, key stats, drive summaries and sideline updates during Gamecock football games. Whether you’re in the stands, at home or out watching the game with a group of Gamecock fans, you can make sure you have the most up-to-date info on game day. The best part of all – it’s free!
How can I access Gamecocks Gameday Live?
- Twitter – Follow The Editor @SpursUpBlog for in-game tweets.
- Text Messaging – Text “livefb” to 32391 to receive free in-game text messages (Standard carrier rates apply).
- Facebook – Become a fan of GamecocksOnline to see game updates on Facebook.
- Gametracker – Visit www.GamecocksOnline.com to get instant stats with Gametracker. (Note: Gametracker won’t be available during the N.C. State game. Check GeorgiaDogs.com for live stats during Saturday’s game.)
- Radio – Tune your radio to the Gamecock Radio Network to hear Todd Ellis, Tommy Suggs and Terry Cousin broadcast the game. Click here for an affiliate in your area. If you’re in the stadium on Thursday night, tune your radio headset to 93.3 FM.
- Television – Look for the Gamecocks on your television. Switch it to ESPN2 on Saturday night to see the Georgia game.
Don’t forget about Carolina Calls tonight at Wild Wing in the Vista with Coach Spurrier at 7 p.m. If you can’t make it downtown, listen live on 107.5 The Game or watch the streaming webcast from WIS.