Tag Archives: tennessee volunteers
Time: Saturday at 7:45 p.m. ET
Location: Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, TN
TV Coverage: ESPN
Broadcast Team: Brad Nessler, Todd Blackledge, Erin Andrews
TV Replay: SportsSouth, Nov. 1 at 8 p.m. ET
Broadcast Team: Andy Demetra and Brad Muller
Radio Coverage: Gamecock Radio Network – Flagship 107.5 FM (Click here for an affiliate in your area)
Broadcast Team: Todd Ellis, Tommy Suggs and Terry Cousin
In-Stadium Radio Frequency: Tune to 98.1 if you’re at the game to hear the Gamecock Radio Network broadcast or E2 on your Live Sports Radio
Satellite Radio:XM 215/Sirius 199 (UT Feed)
Digital Coverage: Gamecocks Gameday Live
Weather: Hi 65/Lo 49/Chance of rain 50%
Please remember that I-40 is closed at the Tennessee/North Carolina state line. Click here for alternate directions.
Only fans with permits can park on campus. UT encourages fans to use shuttle buses from the Knoxville Civic Coliseum, the Old City area of downtown Knoxville, and Farragut High School in west Knoxville. Limited public handicapped parking spaces and handicapped shuttle service to the stadium are available on the UT Agriculture Campus, off Neyland Drive.
- Stadium gates open at 5:45 p.m.
Stadium Rules concerning Halloween costumes:
- Fans wearing Halloween costumes will be allowed to enter the stadium, but will be searched to ensure that no prohibited items enter the stadium
- No masks of any kind will be permitted, and will be confiscated if discovered, although face painting is allowed
- Masks cannot be stored at any stadium gate
- No props (including toy guns, swords or any simulated weapon) will be permitted inside the stadium
- No banners, posters or signs larger than standard letter-size paper will be permitted
Gamecocks Gameday Live will provide you with instant information, key stats, drive summaries and sideline updates during Gamecock football games. Whether you’re in the stands, at home or out watching the game with a group of Gamecock fans, you can make sure you have the most up-to-date info on game day. The best part of all – it’s free!
How can I access Gamecocks Gameday Live?
- Twitter – Follow The Editor @SpursUpBlog for in-game tweets.
- Text Messaging – Text “livefb” to 32391 to receive free in-game text messages (Standard carrier rates apply).
- Facebook – Become a fan of GamecocksOnline to see game updates on Facebook.
- Gametracker – Visit www.GamecocksOnline.com to get instant stats with Gametracker.
- Radio – Tune your radio to the Gamecock Radio Network to hear Todd Ellis, Tommy Suggs and Terry Cousin broadcast the game. Click here for an affiliate in your area. If you’re in the stadium on Saturday night, tune your radio headset to 92.5 or tune your Live Sports Radio to E2.
- Television – Look for the Gamecocks on your television. Saturday’s game is available on ESPN at 7:45 p.m. ET.
What happened last week…The Volunteers traveled to Tuscaloosa and nearly upset No. 2 Alabama were it not for Terrence Cody’s two blocked field goals. Click here for recap.
The last time they played the Gamecocks…The Gamecocks beat the Vols at home for the first time in 16 years, 27-6. Click here for recap
Trivia tidbits going into Saturday’s game…
- The Vols and Gamecocks have split the last four games, with South Carolina winning in 2005 and 2008 and Tennessee winning in 2006 and 2007.
- Three of four games have been decided by a touchdown or less. Only the 2008 game had a two-score final margin.
- Tennessee and South Carolina have more first-year college players on their two-deep depth chart than any team in the SEC. UT has 14 and SC has 15.
- A South Carolina win would be the first consecutive win in the series.
- Tennessee is 1-1 vs. South Carolina on Halloween.
- Tennessee RB Montario Hardesty ranks 4th in the SEC in rushing yards per game with 102.9 yards.
- The Tennessee defense ranks 10th nationally in total defense.
- The Volunteers have never finished below .500 in consecutive seasons.
Points Per Game: 28.9
Yardage Per Game: 385.29 (217 passing, 168.29 rushing)
Turnovers: 14 (4 fumbles, 10 interceptions)
Points Allowed Per Game: 18.4
Yardage Allowed Per Game: 269.71 (155.86 passing, 113.85 rushing)
Turnovers Forced: 15 (6 fumbles, 9 interceptions)
Passing: Jonthan Crompton – 14 TD, 10 INT, 1,475 yds, 57.7% completion; Averages 210.71 yds per game
Receiving: Gerald Jones 22 for 281, 3 TD; Denarius Moore 16 for 241, 2 TD; Quintin Hancock 17 for 194, 1 TD
Rushing: Montario Hardesty 143 carries for 720 yds, 6 TD, 102.9 per game
Tackles: Rico McCoy 65 (35 solo); Eric Berry 55 (35); Dan Williams 35 (14)
Tackles for Loss: LaMarcus Thompson 6 for -31 yds; Eric Berry 5 for -9 yds
Field Goals: Daniel Lincoln 23-24 XP, 9-14 FG, Long: 49 yds
Punting: Chad Cunningham 28 punts, 40.93 yd average