Tag Archives: arkansas razorbacks
Time: Saturday at 12:21 p.m. ET
Location: Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, Arkansas
TV Coverage: SEC Network
Broadcast Team: Dave Neal, Andre Ware, Cara Capuano
TV Replay: SportsSouth, Nov. 8 at 8 p.m. ET
Broadcast Team: Andy Demetra and Brad Muller
Radio Coverage: Gamecock Radio Network – Flagship 107.5 FM (Click here for an affiliate in your area)
Broadcast Team: Todd Ellis, Tommy Suggs and Terry Cousin
In-Stadium Radio Frequency: Tune your radio headset to 92.7 or E5 on your Live Sports Radio
Satellite Radio:XM 220/Sirius 199 (UA Feed)
Digital Coverage: Gamecocks Gameday Live
Weather: Hi 74/Lo 53/Chance of rain 10%
Gamecocks Gameday Live will provide you with instant information, key stats, drive summaries and sideline updates during Gamecock football games. Whether you’re in the stands, at home or out watching the game with a group of Gamecock fans, you can make sure you have the most up-to-date info on game day. The best part of all – it’s free!
How can I access Gamecocks Gameday Live?
- Twitter – Follow The Editor @SpursUpBlog for in-game tweets.
- Text Messaging – Text “livefb” to 32391 to receive free in-game text messages (Standard carrier rates apply).
- Facebook – Become a fan of GamecocksOnline to see game updates on Facebook.
- Gametracker – Visit www.GamecocksOnline.com to get instant stats with Gametracker.
- Radio – Tune your radio to the Gamecock Radio Network to hear Todd Ellis, Tommy Suggs and Terry Cousin broadcast the game. Click here for an affiliate in your area. If you’re in the stadium on Saturday, tune your Live Sports Radio to E2.
- Television – Look for the Gamecocks on your television. Saturday’s game is available on the SEC Network at 12:21 p.m. ET.
What happened last week…After losing two straight SEC games (at Florida and at Mississippi), the Razorbacks got back on the winning track with a 63-27 win against winless Eastern Michigan. Click here for recap
The last time they played the Gamecocks…The Gamecocks alternated quarterbacks Chris Smelley and Stephen Garcia throughout the game en route to a 34-21 win at Williams-Brice Stadium. Click here for recap
Trivia tidbits going into Saturday’s game…
- The game features the top two passing offenses in the SEC. Arkansas leads the league with 295.8 yards per game while South Carolina is second with 237 yards per game.
- Arkansas has started six true freshmen this season, which is tied for second nationally and leads the SEC.
- The Razorbacks have thrown for 300-plus yards six times in 20 games under head coach Bobby Petrino. Previously, Arkansas had thrown for 300-plus yards just 16 times in school history.
- Quarterback Ryan Mallet leads the SEC in total offense (268.6) and in passing yards per game (268.5). Mallet also leads the conference in touchdown passes with 18.
- This is the 18th meeting in the series between South Carolina and Arkansas. The Razorbacks hold a 10-7 edge and are 3-1 against the Gamecocks in Fayetteville.
Points Per Game: 35.9
Yardage Per Game: 438 (295.8 passing, 142.2 rushing)
Turnovers: 10 (5 fumbles, 5 interceptions)
Points Allowed Per Game: 27.4
Yardage Allowed Per Game: 410.63 (264.13 passing, 146.50 rushing)
Turnovers Forced: 18 (12 fumbles, 6 interceptions)
Passing: Ryan Mallet – 18 TD, 3 INT, 2,151 yds, 54.4% completion; Averages 268.8 yds per game
Receiving: Greg Childs 31 for 594, 5 TD; Jarius Wright 24 for 430, 2 TD; Joe Adams 19 for 425, 4 TD
Rushing: Michael Smith 56 for 360, 2 TD; Broderick Green 55 for 255, 6 TD
Tackles: Wendel Davis 54 (33 solo); Jerry Franklin 47 (30 solo); Matt Harris 44 (30 solo)
Tackles for Loss: Malcolm Sheppard 8 for -32 yards; Wendel Davis 7 for -17 yards
Field Goals: Alex Tejada 35-36 XP, 10-13 FG, Long: 44 yds
Punting: Dylan Breeding 39 punts, 38.31 yd average
Saturday’s football against the Razorbacks will kick off at 12:21 p.m. ET from Fayetteville, Arkansas and will be televised on the SEC Network. Based on where you live, the game will be available on a different local station. Here’s where you can watch the Gamecocks on television:
Columbia – WIS (NBC)
Charleston – WMMP (MNT)
Greenville – WSPA (CBS)
Charlotte – WAXN (Independent)
For a full list of stations that will broadcast Saturday’s game, click here.